Saturday, June 26, 2010

Joining the higher ranks

If you can't tell...that is me passing the test to be a yellow belt with a green stripe--Tae Kwon Do. This is something our family has really enjoyed. It is great exercise, helps me with flexibility and memorization, and I've met some great people. Tonight Madalyn found Carver's old uniform and put it on and started doing all the exercises she has watched us do and asked when she could be tested for her belt... I told her, "well, you have to start taking classes and learn your forms and stuff. And you have to wait until you are 5 years old (which isn't that far away:( )". But later she decided that really didn't matter, she would start practicing her nun chucks and form and pass them off as soon as she is 5. And she will have them change Carver's name on the uniform to Madalyn. Clint and I decided that would be just fine. I have a feeling she will be the fastest learner in the family... watch out Master Kwon!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Great job girl. Oh Rob wants to know if you starch it?

Laura Law said...

Cute new picture of the kids! Do I get to see your new skills at Christmas?

Joy & Casey said...

Way to go!
I'm with Laura-love the pic of the kids!

Jenny said...

I didn't know that all of you were doing Tai Kwan Do. Way to go! It sounds like lots of fun.