
When I was at BYU I went to the MOA just about everyday because of all the time I spent in the HFAC. I needed a break from practicing and time for quiet and relaxation. Sometimes I would eat lunch there or in the garden next door and look at the sculptures... I didn't realize at the time just how much time I spent there. I have only gone there occasionally during the past 10 years (what a shame). I was able to go there with my sister and brother-in-law last week and I didn't realize how much I missed being on campus, it was a great experience being there again. As we went through the museum I realized that it was more moving than I thought it would be. The original paintings were eye popping dimentionally, they really looked 3-d. I have always liked Carl Bloch because of his interpretations of the scriptures and I like the look of the individual characters. Sometimes I think his works help me remember my time in Israel. Either way, it was a nice time away from the kids being able to look at great art and dream of my vacation to Denmark with my honey to see some of the other pieces and churches and castles....ahhhh. Someday, maybe 20 years, maybe sooner. All fellow art lovers and travel bugs are welcome to help plan the trip!




2 comments:
I was able to visit it again two years ago when I went to women's conference and it is such an awesome experience. I wish that place were closer, so I could go more too!
We went to the exhibit with our youth....it was awesome. So cool to experience the talents some people have been blessed with. I can't even draw stick people very well! ;) If you go to Denmark will you send me a postcard? Thanks.
Post a Comment