Sunday, January 17, 2010
Adventures
Being the wonderful mom that I am, I decided that I had done enough laundry, cleaning, errand running etc. for one week and planned to take my children out for a day of fun. We first went to Madalyn's dance class, then returned some things to the library, did some birthday party sleuthing, and then made it to the Aquarium (in Sandy). We haven't been there in the past 8 months or so and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they have added on a spectacular new South America section-- nearly doubling the place in size. We were thrilled. The Anaconda nearly gave my children heart attacks-- and the baby alligators and turtles and the lively sharks and sting rays (all enjoying being fed) were wonderful to see. We spent over 2 hours there--wow! Then, towards the end my kids decided to play hide and seek (big surprise) with some new found friends. I was holding Nicalee and watching them play, when I noticed some strangely dressed ladies. They were quite tall. Then I realized that the hair wasn't quite right and the make-up was a little off and they walked a little strange in their high heels... oh yes, then I actually recognized one of the "ladies" from an outing at the zoo. Yes, cross-dressers. I sort of smiled to myself and wondered a few things about these "ladies". What's the story? Why? Do they think no one can tell the difference? Do they care? I don't know. I thought of several things I have read and learned in psychology classes and books. Then I just shook my head a little and decided it was time to go home. What a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Loved this story....it's a little less shocking to see a 6 foot man in a mini skirt with his hairy legs and lipstick walking out of your hotel room in Wendover than at a childrens aquarium....welcome to Utah! What the crap? It's gettin crazy out there!
Post a Comment