Sunday, December 6, 2009

Festival of Trees


We had a family night at the big event on Friday night. There were several beautiful trees and stories about the people they were dedicated to... after our experiences this summer at Primary Children's Hospital , I guess I feel like it is a good thing to contribute however you can. I made a new goal to someday donate/decorate a tree and another goal to someday purchase a tree. We decorated and donated a tree when I was in YW and that was fun and I remember when my mom and one of her friends did-- their's was with drilled eggs-- she still has one of the eggs and it is beautiful. I can't say when I will be able to do it, but I would love to do both. As for now, paying an entrance fee and doing some service projects and helping with Eagle Scout projects that donate to Primary's is the best I can do. Our good friend was performing with her Irish Dancers so that was fun to see as well. I'm glad Madalyn was there to see it, we had some good conversations... And to top off the night we got a picture with Santa. Nicalee loved pulling his hair, luckily it wasn't all attached!

4 comments:

Eric and Justine said...

Sounds like a great goal! Cute family pic with santa!!

Tyler Stillman said...

Hey lady. Got your comment - did one of your children have an experience with Primary Childrens? If so, I sure don't know about it -do I? We're doing good, coming home on December 17th (probably more like December 18th since I have no trust for the airlines and think we'll be spending the night in Memphis). I would say "let's get together" but it's starting to just feel like talk! Maybe we can say "let's try to get together???" Oh, crazy - my bro Jason is in this cover band and they play around a lot - they have a gig Dec. 18th if you want to get a babysitter and come with us, we're going to support him - should be pretty fun!

Anonymous said...

The previous comment was left by me. Debra. Not Tyler. Oops!

Joy & Casey said...

Cute pic!!! I feel so bad-Shay worked really hard with Student Council to make a tree for Festival of Trees-I promised her I'd take her and now I realize I forgot! DANGIT! Glad you guys enjoyed it-tell her you saw their tree even if you didn't!! ;(