Friday, September 18, 2009
the Toyroom
The whole reason that I have a toyroom is to make sure that the toys have a place and that the children know where that place is, meaning they can play with nearly everything in the room, make a mess and mom won't get mad and make them clean it up everyday-- or every other day. My problem is that I hate a messy room. I have to tell myself multiple times a day and several times during the week, "don't open the door" or "don't turn on the light" or "just keep walking" when I pass the room. And most of the time I breathe deeply and follow my own instructions, but other times like yesterday, I get in a frenzy and just have to hurry and clean it up. "It will only take a minute, if I'm fast," I tell myself... and then an hour later everything is back in the rightful place, I'm a sweaty mess and out of breath. Why do I do this to myself? Well, it usually takes twice as long if I have the kids do it-- or it takes half that long if I let them do it by themselves (and then everything is in the wrong bucket or basket and I end up fixing it later myself). But, I have decided that it is ok for that room to be a little messy and if I choose to clean it up without asking the kids for help, well, that is my own fault and should be considered exercise. Even if I haven't quite taught my children to clean-up the toyroom very well, I am making progress. They know exactly what to do with their dishes after meals and are very good at knowing exactly where to put their dirty clothes, Clint on the other hand, well, that is a different job entirely!! Love you baby :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Clint gives Melinda the opportunity to learn patience and service because he has a "handicap"
Hahaha, that's funny Clint. Some people just never learn.
I can't stand how cute those pictures are. Eeeee!
Post a Comment